Many diseases and illnesses can be caused by bacteria. Even though there are big advancements in medicine and pharmaceuticals, to this day, the most common type of treatment for fighting bacteria is the antibiotic.
Antibiotics sometimes can lead to unwanted side-effects such as diarrhea, rashes, upset stomach, soft stools, fungal infections, vaginal infections, stomach cramps, allergic reactions, and many more.
However, there is an alternative with the powerful natural antibiotics which can also destroy the bacteria and viruses without having to risk any unwanted side-effects.
These are 14 of the most powerful natural antibiotics:
- Garlic – Garlic is one of the most potent natural antibiotics and has powerful antiviral, antiparasitic, and antifungal properties.
- Onions – They contain phytochemical properties which are potent in fighting germs, soothe pain, and treat nausea, ear infections, high fever, and breathing issues.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – This vinegar can fight off Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Staphylococcus aureus, yeast, and fungi.
- Habañero and Horseradish– These two can be great when treating flu, lung congestion, and colds. It can also help destroy salmonella, Escherichia coli, and Yersinia.
- Foods rich in Vitamin C – Green leafy vegetables, berries, kiwi, papaya, citrus fruits, broccoli, tomato peas, and bell peppers are just some examples of these kinds of foods which can help fight off pathogens and give the body’s immune system a boost.
- Olive Oil – Contains high amounts of antioxidants which can destroy bacteria and viruses. It can also help lower body cholesterol and balances blood sugar.
- Cinnamon – It can fight off bacteria because of its antifungal, stimulant, anti-diarrheal, insecticidal, anti-flatulent, and antiemetic properties. Its high amounts of cinnamaldehyde and eugenol can be used to destroy MRSA and E. coli.
- Eucalyptus – This plant has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, analgesic, immune-stimulatory, and spasmolytic properties and can be used to treat colds, asthma, flu, and throat infections. It can also treat chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and bronchitis.
- Echinacea – This food can be used as a great way to treat flu, colds, yeast infections, respiratory and urinary tract infections, tonsillitis, swine flu, nose and throat infections, ear infections, HPV, typhoid, warts, and herpes.
- Grapefruit seed – The extract of the grapefruit seeds can fight off viral and bacterial infections.
- Myrrh essential oil – This essential oil can be used as a treatment for asthma, fungal infections, indigestion, coughs, ulcers, lung congestion, syphilis, cancer, leprosy, and spasms.
- Goldenseal – It contains the berberine chemical and can treat colds, eye infection, urinary tract infections, diarrhea, and vaginitis. It can also boost the immune system.
- Manuka Honey – This type of honey can fight off Helicobacter pylori, Staphylococcus aureus, and salmonella.
- Ginger – This food can help fight off even the most powerful bacteria that can be antibiotic-resistant.
Additionally, these are more natural plants that have antibiotic properties that are worth to mention as well:
- Chili peppers
- Bay leaf
Michele McRae, a specialized nutritionist at Rainbow Light has this to say:
“Foods and herbs have the effect of being gently supportive and part of a long-term health regime rather than a solution to acute infection. Combining researched-based potencies of complementary herbal compounds for maximum efficacy can be effective as a remedy at the first hint of infection rather than after the infection has taken hold. However, in the face of any type of infection, it’s important to see your healthcare practitioner to confirm a diagnosis and get the best course of treatment — whether that’s a traditional antibiotic or an herbal alternative.”