This 15-minute workout challenge is a great way to remove the fat from your belly and strengthen your abs. These exercises are simple, quick, and don’t require any extra equipment. Additionally, they are suitable for anyone at any fitness level.
One of the most frequently used muscle groups from your entire body is the core. The core connects the upper with the lower part of your body. Any move you make, whether is with your arms or legs, your belly muscles are engaging as well.
This workout challenge consists of five exercises that engage each muscle in the core specifically.
If you want to complete the flat belly challenge, you will need to perform the exercises below for the stated repetition or hold time.
Those of you that are beginners to working out should perform this for only two sets per day. However, if you think you can do it, make it more challenging and do 3 sets per day.
People with experience working out should begin with at least 3 sets per day and increase the number incrementally for each week or two.
You can always do this challenge and try to break your records every day or week. Here are the 5 exercises that you can do to finish this workout challenge:
- V-Sits (30 seconds)
- You might think that regular V-ups aren’t challenging enough. However, try adding a medicine ball in the mix and you’ll start feeling your abs on fire. Just make sure that your form isn’t compromised with the added weight.
- Everything should be done exactly like a regular V-up, however, you start by holding a medicine ball in front of the chest.
- When you lift up, reach the ball toward your toes and as you lower down bring it back to your chest.
- Don’t let the ball rest on your chest, make sure it’s above it at least half an inch.
- Lie to the ground on your back with your knees bent. Make sure your left foot is crossed over your right knee.
- Take your left arm and extend it to the side. Use your right hand to support your neck.
- Lift your shoulder blades several inches with your lower back pressed on the floor. Then, curl your right elbow and shoulder diagonally to the left knee.
- Repeat for each side several times
- If you feel any discomfort in the neck area, support your head with both hands.
- Basic Crunch (20 reps)
- Lay down on the floor with the back against it and your hands behind your head and elbows wide.
- Bend your legs with the feet on the floor.
- Contract your upper body as if the head lifts a few inches from the ground then lowers down a bit.
- Repeat this 30 times.
- Flutter Kicks
- Lie down flat on your back and keep your legs straight and arms at your sides.
- Press your shoulders, lower back, and head to the floor and engage your core as you’re raising both legs 12 inches from the ground.
- Your legs need to be kept straight. Lift each leg in a fluttering motion and alternate between legs.
- Make sure you do an equal number of reps with each leg.
- Heel Touches (15 reps on each side)
- Lie flat on the ground to start this exercise. Your knees need to be bent and your feet flat on the ground.
- Your hands need to be under your head and your lower back pressed on the ground.
- This exercise needs to be done in 3 sets with 12-15 reps.