Take a few minutes a day to get more defined bellies and get stronger.
– Perform each exercise for one minute.
– If you have 10 or 15 spare minutes, repeat this sequence two or three times.
1: Mountain Climbers
Starting position: – in a traditional push-up position — shoulders over hands and weight on just your toes.
– Stretching your right leg forward and bending your knee place the weight on the ball of your foot.
– As you move your right leg back, bring your left knee forward, making movement similar to running in place in a plank position.
– For a heavier version of belly strain, keep the ball of your foot off the floor as you pull your knee toward your chest.
– Do this exercise quickly, without pauses, taking short breaks and inhaling as needed.
2: Plank with Side Step
Starting position: – On the floor, resting on your forearms and knees, and come up into a plank position.
– Contracting your abs prevent your booty from sticking up or sinking, while your spine should be parallel to the floor, your feet should be close to hip-distance apart, and your abs pulling toward the ceiling.
– From strong elbow plank position, step your left foot outward (about eight to 10 inches), keeping your core strong and engaged
– Return back to the starting position
– Now, step your right foot outward
– When you return to the starting position you complete one rep
– Perform as many reps as possible for one minute.
3: Bicycle Crunches
Starting position: Lying flat on the floor with your lower back pressed to the ground, put your hands behind your head and bring your knees in toward your chest
– Lift your shoulder blades off the ground, by not pulling on your neck
– Straightening your left leg out to about a 45-degree angle to the ground, turn your upper body to the left, bringing your left elbow toward the right knee. While doing these movements make sure your rib cage is moving and not just your elbows.
– Complete one rep by switching sides and doing the same motion on the other side,
– Creating a “pedaling” motion perform the exercise for one minute.
4: Elbow Plank with Twist
Starting position: – Plank on your right side, with your feet, stacked one on top of the other and your weight on your right elbow
– Placing your left arm behind your head, and inhale to prepare
– Exhaling and pulling your navel to your spine, engage your deep abs, and rotate your left rib cage toward the floor
– Keep this position for a second, and deepen your abdominal connection, pull your navel in toward your spine even more.
– Return to starting position complete one rep,
– Repeat reps for 30 seconds, and then switch sides.
5: Tabletop Lift
Starting position: – A tabletop position, with your hands directly underneath your shoulders and your ankles underneath your knees.
– While exhaling, lower your hips and straighten your legs so your hips are hovering above the floor.
– Lowering your hips and straightening your legs, position your heels to rest on the ground
– In order to engage your legs, flex your toes up toward the ceiling and hold for a complete breath,
– While inhaling, push yourself back into starting – tabletop position to complete one rep.
– Perform as many reps as possible for one minute, pivoting on your hands and heels