Apple Pie Cookies are sticky and chewy, bite-sized caramel apple pies, which are something more than apple pie, specific for the Americans. Sometimes, for many cooks, the regular old apple pie recipe is just too much dessert to handle. Instead, they found a better alternative to prepare the gooey bites, which bring you the best taste of those fruity-caramel flavored cookies that taste like a traditional pie. To eat them the fork isn’t required!!!
This awesome recipe for apple pie cookies is made with brown sugar and nutmeg with homemade cinnamon glaze.
It’s, of course, not something new invented, because many similar recipes can be seen on the internet, which are quick and simple to prepare and require just a few simple stores bought ingredients – canned apple pie filling and frozen pie crust.
Oven-Baked Mini Caramel Apple Pie Recipe
Since you have a few fresh apples at your home, it is nonsense to buy filling when you can make the homemade filling from them. For those who already have a homemade filling, they will need only homemade crust.
If you want to prepare mini apple pies, and you’re in a hurry, you can use the shortcuts and take can of Apple Pie Filling and a refrigerated Pie Crust. It will take only a few minutes to make identically tasty Apple Pie Cookies.
Simple Bite-Sized Apple Pie Cookie Desserts
The autumn is passing by slowly but surely, and the time of the treats and the smell of cinnamon and other aromatic spices are spreading through the house while the cake with apple or pumpkin is baking in the oven. These Apple Pie Cookies with the cinnamon flavor are the real comfort food for cold and rainy days that are coming.
For those who have the time for baking, they can mix the crust, peel the apple and make the filling. But, if you don’t have time, then you can treat yourself with warm, juicy mini pies because the store-bought ingredients really make the job easier. You can simply coat one crust with caramel and spread the apple pie filling, then the cut second pie crust into strips cover with the filling. Sprinkle the cookies with cinnamon-sugar and your mini pies are ready for the oven.
The baking of the Apple Pie Cookies lasts half an hour and can be enjoyed with a cup of milk. Caramel Apple Pie Cookies
Check These Recipes!!!
The Cinnamon Apple Crumb Cake is the perfect dessert for crisp weather coming up.
Recipe: – omgchocolatedesserts.com
Caramel Apple Cinnamon Roll Lasagna is a fun and delicious combo of yummy cinnamon rolls and classic caramel apple pie.
Recipe: – omgchocolatedesserts.com
Apple Pie Cookies – Recipe
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 16 cookies
Apple Pie Cookies are sticky and chewy, bite-sized caramel apple pies.
– 3 apples – peeled and sliced into 8 slices each
– 3 tablespoon white sugar
– 1–2 tablespoon lemon juice
– 3 tablespoon corn starch
– 3 tablespoon brown sugar
– A dash of nutmeg
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– 3/4 cup water
– 2 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 cup unsalted butter cut into cubes-chilled
– 1 teaspoon sugar
– 1/4 cup ice water
– 1 teaspoon salt
Note: you can use 1 package Refrigerated Pie Crust
Filling and Topping:
– 1 cup caramel sauce
– 1 and 3/4 cups apple pie filling-chopped into small pieces
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1 egg -lightly beaten
– 1/4 cup sugar
For Pie Filling:
1) Toss lemon juice with sliced apples and set aside.
2) In a pot combine cornstarch, brown sugar, sugar, nutmeg cinnamon, and water. Boil the mixture over medium-high heat whisking constantly. Boiling should be around 2 minutes or until thick
3) Stir the mixture in apple slices
4) Reducing heat to low, cover the pot and let it simmer about 10 minutes
5) When apples are soft but not mushy, remove them from the heat and leave them covered to soften and cool.
6) Cooled apples should be removed from the sauce and chopped into small pieces, and set them aside.
For the Pie Crust:
1) In a mixing bowl place flour, sugar, and salt and mix them to combine.
2) Add chilled butter cubes into the flour mixture and by using a pastry blender incorporate with the mixture.
3) Over the mixture spit, 2 tablespoons ice water and blend
4) Repeat with another 2 tablespoons water, blending until the dough holds together.
5) The dough should be divided into two equal pieces, and each disc packed with plastic wrap
6) Refrigerate dough 1 hour.
7) After dusting the working surface with flour, place the chilled dough and roll it out 1/8-inch thick.
8) The process is repeated with the other disc.
Assembling the Apple Pie Cookies:
1) Line cookie sheet with parchment paper, and spray it with non-stick spray and set it aside, while the oven is preheated to 350 F,
2) Onto one pie crust spread the caramel sauce, then spread chopped apple pie filling over the caramel and gently tap the filling using your palms.
3) The second pie crust should be cut into 1/2 inch strips
4) Create a lattice top over the filling
5) With the round cookie cutter (about 2.5 inches) cut out the cookies and place them onto a baking sheet.
6) With a fork brush the top of cookies with beat egg
7) Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle the cookies
8) Bake until golden brown (20-30 minutes).