Carrot Cake Muffins Recipe With Cheesecake Fillings
You can eat this recipe at any time of the day, whether you make it as a breakfast, snack after lunch or decadent dessert. What you will read now is the recipe for flavorful, moist carrot cake muffins that are wonderful to eat. It is a perfect dessert for those who love a yummy, rich cream cheese filling, and crunchy cinnamon streusel on the top. It is hard not to try and taste this delightful handheld treat. Continue reading to find out how to make these delicious muffins. It will surely make you try new recipes that you haven’t done before.
For the Carrot Cake Muffins:
- 2 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon of ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup of water
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of 2-3 medium grated carrots
For the cream cheese filling:
- 10 ounce of softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon of sugar
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla
For the streusel topping:
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup of granulated sugar
- ½ cup of melted unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
For the glaze:
- 1 teaspoon of milk
- ¼ cup of powdered sugar
- First, you need to preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Take a standard cupcake pan and line it with paper liners. Then set it aside.
- Make the streusel topping in a medium bowl and stir together 1 cup all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 2/3 cup granulated sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Then add 1 /2 cup of melted unsalted butter and stir it until the mixture is crumbly. Set it aside.
- For the cream cheese filling, you need to beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until the mixture is smooth. Then set it aside.
- To make the muffins you need a large bowl where you will mix together all of the dry ingredients listed for the making of muffins.
- Take a small bowl and whisk together water, eggs, and add oil.
- Mix up the egg mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Crease the grated carrots and stir all together to combine.
- In to each cup of the pan drop 1-2 tablespoons of batter and spread it around to cover the bottom. Put 1 heaping tablespoon of filling in all the cups and cover with more batter. You need to fill the cups ¾ full.
- Before you put them in the oven, top them with streusel topping. Bake the cupcakes for about 20 minutes. To see if the cupcakes are baked, insert a toothpick and if it comes out clean, they are done.
- After they are done, remove the muffins out of the oven and let them cool for about 10 minutes. Transfer the muffins to a cooling rack.
- To make the glaze you need to stir 1 tablespoon of milk with 1/4 cup of powdered sugar. Blend the ingredients until mixer well. Before serving, dribble the mixture over the muffins.
Enjoy this recipe and always experiment in the kitchen!