Not only is this amazing stew great for both meat-eaters and vegetarians, but it’s also full of healthy fats! It’s warm and comforting and it’s something that the entire family can enjoy for dinner. For extra protein, you can add some chicken or tofu, depending on your preference. Also, if you want a bit of grain, the stew pairs well with wild rice.
Cauliflower Stew With Coconut Oil, Ginger, And Turmeric
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1 medium finely chopped onion
- 3 ripe finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 medium head cauliflower that is stemmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
- 1 cup of chopped kale
- 2 teaspoons of ginger paste
- 1 tablespoon of cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon of coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 can of full-fat, unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
Heat the coconut oil in a medium stockpot for 30 seconds on medium heat.
Add the seeds of cumin and stir them until they start to pop. After, add the onions and cook for another minute, and after, add the tomatoes and stir them for a few minutes until they soften.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan and mix them together. After, cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes while stirring every 5 minutes to keep the mixture from burning,
Serve the soup into 4 bowls and enjoy the amazing taste. If you have any leftover stew, you can store it in an air-tight container and serve it for lunch the next day.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving:
- Calories 204
- Fat 24 g.
- Saturated fat 20 g.
- Cholesterol 0 mg.
- Fiber 6 g.
- Protein 6 g.
- Carbohydrate 18 g.
- Sodium 588 mg.