How to Use Baking Soda to Wash Off 96% of All Toxic Pesticides from Your Fruits and Vegetables
How to Use Baking Soda in Your Kitchen
Baking soda is called a magical product as it has plenty of practical uses in numerous areas, such as:
– Relieves sunburned or itchy skin.
– Avoiding crave on sweets,
– Heals burns or an insect bite
– To remove pesticides, dirt, and wax from fresh fruits and vegetables
In the Kitchen
– Clean your refrigerator
– To remove stains from your coffee and tea cups and a burned bottom of a pan
– To eliminate the burned smell from drippings and crumbs.
In the Bathroom
– To clean bristles.
– Keeps your rubber gloves dry and smelling good
– To remove perspiration stains,
– Removing gasoline and oil odors
– Prevents boiled syrup from crystallizing
– Keeps carpenter ants, silverfish, and roaches from invading
– Removes bugs and tar from cars without damaging the paint
– Melts the Ice
– Removes red sauce stains from plastic.
As we saw the baking soda removes pesticides, dirt, and wax from fresh fruits and vegetables, which is confirmed by a team of researchers at the University of Massachusetts. They conducted a study on apples to determine its efficacy in cleaning the fruits.
The team applied two most common pesticides phosmet and thiabendazole to organic gala apples. The researchers washed the contaminated apples with three different liquids: a commercial bleach solution approved by the US Environmental Protection Agency, tap water, and a one percent baking soda/water solution.
They submerged apples in all three solutions for two minutes. The results showed that submerging apples in a baking soda solution is significantly better cleaned than in other two solutions. However, in order to completely get rid of the pesticides, it took 12 to 15 minutes in the baking soda solution.
How to Use Baking Soda to Wash Produce
Because Baking Soda is an alkaline salt and makes it eco-friendly it can be used to scrub pesticide residue.
To use it, you should do it in a next way:
1) Add a few tablespoons of baking soda to a bowl of water
2) Soak your fruits and vegetables,
3) Leave them to stay a few minutes
4) Rinse them with fresh cold water.