Hydrogen Peroxide Can Clear Ear Infections and Remove Ear Wax – Here’s How to Use it
Majority people keep a bottle of hydrogen peroxide in their household remedy kit. It is clear, colorless, and odorless liquid, a combination of hydrogen and oxygen. Hydrogen peroxide is available in many strengths (indicated by the percentage of dilution with water)
For instance, one dilution of hydrogen peroxide is 35 percent H2O2 and 65 percent water, which is used in the food industry for a variety of purposes, including processing cheese and bleaching wheat flour. The food producers use it to kill microorganisms in food packaging materials.
Another name for this 35 percent dilution is “food grade.” This kind of hydrogen peroxide doesn’t contain certain stabilizers, such as:
• sodium stannate
• tetrasodium pyrophosphate
These stabilizers are the part in most another commercially available hydrogen peroxide, so everyone must know that it is not for consumption.
This liquid is actually a potent antimicrobial agent which can be used in many different ways in the household, as well as for medicinal purposes.
A variety of home medical remedies are based on dilutions of food grade hydrogen peroxide that are suggested by some supporters of alternative medical treatments.
Here is a list of some health problems that can be treated by these home remedies based on food grade hydrogen peroxide:
– Disinfecting small cuts and scrapes
– Treating acne
– Gargling to treat a sore throat
– Treating foot fungus
– Soaking boils
– Treating ear infections
– Softening calluses and corns
– Whitening nails”
– Killing skin mites
Many people use it for the removal of excess earwax and the prevention of ear infections.
Earwax (cerumen) has an important role, to keep the ears moist, free of bacteria, and lubricated. It is a natural substance secreted by our body. The ears have the ability to remove naturally the excess of it, but sometimes it starts to accumulate. One of the best and safest way to remove it is by using hydrogen peroxide, which softens it and unblocks the ears.
– Add 1-3 ml of a 3% food-grade hydrogen peroxide in a dropper
– Tilting the head to the side apply a few drops in the ear canal
– Pressing on the tragus slowly pump in the hydrogen peroxide, and you will hear a bubbling noise
– Then, tilt the head to the opposite side and drain the hydrogen peroxide from the ear
– By using a cotton swab remove the earwax from the outer ear
– Repeat the same with the other ear.
This 3% hydrogen peroxide is used also for the external ear infections (otitis externa), which is caused by the inflammation of the outer ear. This infection leads to pain, redness, itching, and discharge of clear fluid.
The procedure is similar to the previous, just pour a few drops in the affected ear, tilt the head to one side and leave it for 15 seconds. After that period of a time drain it out from the ear. Remove the excess earwax using a cotton swab, and repeat this three times daily.
For this purpose always use a “food-grade” hydrogen peroxide.
• Never take hydrogen peroxide internally since it can cause irritations, burning, vomiting, and abdominal pain
• Avoid its use in the case of an inner ear infection, perforated or punctured eardrums