Potato is one of the ingredients that is always found in everyone’s pantry, thanks to its incredible taste and versatility of use in the kitchen. It can appear in various recipes that are served for all types of meals (breakfast, lunch, and even a late afternoon snack).
And no matter how many different recipes each of you have tried to date, there are countless ones that can be a novelty in your recipe collection, and we offer you one that we are convinced will fascinate you!
You can put it under the heading “Creamy caramelized coins that melt in your mouth,” and it briefly represents thick slices of potatoes fried in butter and chicken stock.
Potatoes are a Staple Food in Many Households. Why?
Facts About Potatoes
One potato (size about a fist) has only 110 calories.
Potatoes are rich in nutrients, such as:
- Pantothenic acid,
- Vitamins- B6, E, C,
- Potassium, and
They are highly filling and can help people to prevent food cravings and lose weight.
Potatoes, also contain a high number of antioxidants that lower the risk of chronic diseases and prevent free radical damage (as flavonoids, phenolic acids, and carotenoids).
The way they have been cooked gives them special benefits, and they can be roasted, jacked, or mashed in a salad, but the frying should be avoided.
In many recipes you can add healthy additives and toppings, such as olive oil, tuna, beans, and fresh herbs, to enhance their qualities.
The Recipe of Melted Potatoes That Many People Fell in Love With
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and sliced 1-inch thick (Yukon Gold recommended)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves or fresh rosemary
- 4 tablespoons unsalted and melted butter,
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tsp black pepper
- The oven should be preheated to 500 ° F with the grill in the upper third.
- Mix the potatoes with the butter, salt, and pepper and the thyme (rosemary).
- Place the prepared potatoes in a 9 x 13-inch metal baking dish so that the slices are stacked in one layer
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn the slices over and bake for another 15 minutes.
- When they are baked, take them out of the oven, and add the vegetable or chicken broth and garlic cloves.
- Return the pan to the oven and continue baking for another 15 minutes.
- When you put the potato slices in the serving tray, pour them over the remaining liquid from the bowl.
- Serve them warm and enjoy
How Potatoes Benefit Your Health
Here are 10 ways in which the potato might contribute to a healthful lifestyle:
- Bone health
- Blood pressure
- Heart health
- Cancer – Folate plays a role in DNA synthesis and repair, and so it prevents many types of cancer cells from forming
- Digestion and regularity
- Weight management and satiety
- Skin – Collagen is the skin’s support system, while vitamin C works as an antioxidant to help prevent damage caused by the sun, pollution, and smoke
- Immunity – Vitamin C may help reduce the severity and duration of a cold