If Your House Needs an Extreme Deep Clean, Pay Close Attention to These 9 Tips
Regular cleaning of the house should be a priority in every family because certain areas in the house can later be a problem and can even be neglected. If it is not the case that these areas are bypassed, forgotten, or simply require too much time and effort, then the families leave them. When it comes to lack of time, with the choice of proper and fast cleaning methods this can be overcome.
A few of these tips would make your work around deep cleaning easier and give you more free time to rest.
Most people clean the toilet regularly, but various tests have shown that toilet siphons are not cleaned regularly, which every family should start doing.
- Drain the water from the toilet and drain the remaining water from the container.
- Cover all toilet siphons with adhesive tape and make sure it is firmly on.
- Pour the vinegar into the toilet tank making sure the siphons are filled with vinegar and let stand overnight
- In the morning, remove the duct tape and turn on the water again and rinse well.
Not all types of sinks are cleaned in the same way. Here’s how to clean porcelain sinks:
- Sprinkle a fine layer of baking soda in the sink and rub it with a sponge.
- After that, pour a little hydrogen peroxide on the sponge and grate more.
- Let stand for about 20 minutes, then rinse everything in the drain.
Electric stove burners
The burners on the electric stove can only be cleaned with soap and baking soda. Method:
- Spray some dish soap on a damp cloth and wipe the burners. – Make a paste of water and baking soda and gently rub it into the burners.
- Allow the mixture to stand for about 20 minutes before cleaning and rinsing.
- After the burners are completely dry, you can return them to the stove.
Since the burners cannot be removed from the glass hob, it is necessary to choose a different cleaning method with the same ingredients.
Dip a cloth in hot soapy water and let it soak in, and spread a thick layer of baking soda over the hob
- Squeeze out half of the soapy water before laying it over the baking soda.
- Leave it to stand for 15 minutes, then grate the baking soda with a cloth.
- Finish cleaning by drying the hob with a clean, dry cloth.
With the exception of leather sofas, the rest of the fabrics can be cleaned in the same way.
- Brush the fabric with a stiff brush, then sprinkle a layer of baking soda that you will leave for at least 20 minutes
- Then vacuum the rest of the baking soda
- Use your favorite brand of stain remover if there are any left and let the couch dry.
Brooms and trays can get dirty quickly after several uses, especially if they are not cleaned after each use. Unfortunately, most of them just put it back in the closet until they need it again, but that can only spread dirt and germs. Therefore, the next time you finish cleaning, do the following:
- Soak the broom for an hour in a bucket of warm water and soap
- After washing, leave the broom to air dry, and then pack it in its place
- Additionally, after each use, spray it with disinfectant.
The best way to clean rugs is to have them done by professionals, but the cost of doing so is high, so the next time you notice a few stains, try this method:
- Use a flat cement surface and spray it with a hose until it is completely saturated
- Sprinkle a small amount of laundry detergent all over the carpet, especially on stains, and spray the mat again with water,
- Brush the mat and let it stand in the sun for a few hours before reusing the hose to remove any remaining detergent.
- Roll the rug tightly and squeeze out the rest of the water, then lift it to dry.
In addition to being a common habit of washing pillows, few people wash pillows. Here’s how to try it:
- Put two pillows in the washing machine and wash them with hot water with an additional rinsing cycle.
- Use regular detergent along with 1 cup of bleach
- When drying pillows, insert a few clean tennis balls, which can help the pillows dry quickly.
When the metal vents can be removed, they can be easily cleaned in this way:
- Wipe off dust and cobwebs with a paper towel, then put the vents in the dishwasher.
- Use a short water cycle, remove the covers, and dry them immediately with a towel.
- Put on the covers.
Deep cleaning the inside of the oven door can be done with this great treatment:
- Make a combination of 1/4 cup vinegar, 1/8 cup soap, and 2 cups hot water in a spray bottle and shake well,
- Spray all over the inside of the oven door
- Add a thick layer of baking soda to the oven door and spray again
- Leave all the ingredients overnight and wipe it off with a damp soap in the morning.
Remove the smell of mold from the towels
Towels that sit damp for a while can become quite smelly so that stench can be resolved as follows:
- Wash towels in hot water with one cup of vinegar and without detergent.
- If the stench is still not removed, wash them again hot with 1/2 cup baking soda
The paths on the windows are faster and easier to clean with baking soda and vinegar. Baking soda is sprinkled on the track and vinegar is added which causes a carbonated reaction. This solution works magically for 1 to 15 minutes. It is best to use an old toothbrush, paper towels, and a butter knife wrapped in a cleaning cloth.
Regular cleaning of the dishwasher prevents the formation of stains. It can be cleaned by hand once a month, using the power of vinegar and baking soda.
- Place a cup of white vinegar on the top rack of the dishwasher and run a cycle of warm water
- Sprinkle the bottom of the dishwasher with baking soda.
- Start another cycle, and the result will amaze you.
House Cleaning Checklist
– Molly Maid’s Printable Version of Cleaning the House
Use this house cleaning checklist to clean your home efficiently and thoroughly:
- Before you start cleaning put on some great, lively music.
- Speaking of closets – face your fears because is time to minimize and organize cleaning.
- Cleaning Dust – this will lower allergens and improve the air quality in your house.
- Vacuum – Hit the floors in the whole house, and upholstered furniture
- Sweep/mop/treat floors – start at the farthest corner of the room and move back toward the entrance
- Furniture freshening – some wooden furniture needs a good waxing.