Physical activity can be very beneficial not only for your physical health but your mental health as well. However, not everyone can have the opportunity to go to a gym. Many people cannot find time to go to the gym from all the work they are doing.
Even if you don’t have the time to do a full work out, all you need is a 15-minute walk and you will gain wonderful benefits. By walking, you will extend your life by seven years and balance your overall health.
Sanjay Sharma is a professor at St. George’s University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust in London. He is a professor of inherited cardiac diseases in sports cardiology and claims that the ageing process cannot be avoided. However, there is a way for us to delay it, and all you need to do is be physically active. This will help you be fit and healthy in your seventies, and even extend your life to the nineties.
If you are taking regular walks, these are the health benefits that you will have:
High blood pressure
- To lower your blood pressure and keep it balanced, make sure you walk every day
- Tara Aleichem, a renowned physiotherapist has found that taking walks can enhance your digestion.
Body ache and Mobility
- To improve your mobility, make sure you take walks every day. This is important especially for those with PAP. The American Heart Association stated that taking walks is crucial for these individuals.
- Physical activity can increase the density of the bones and make them stronger. If you walk regularly, you will have a lower risk of getting osteoporosis.
- According to recent studies, cognitive performance is improved for individuals of all age groups by taking walks.
- You will live longer if you walk every day.
- To cope with anger and hostility, a 20-minute walk could be the best thing for you. Additionally, a study was conducted in 2016 which shows that the 20-minute walks can boost the participants’ self-confidence.
Even though walking is pretty easy for most people, you have to make it comfortable. By wearing comfortable and light shoes and clothes, you will improve your walking experience. Walking on sunny and hot days can be bad for you, so make sure you avoid it.
Before walking, make sure you drink plenty of water. You can also bring a water bottle with you during your walks. If walking alone is boring for you, invite your friends with you. Listening to music is a great activity to do while walking. Places that make you feel calm and happy are perfect for long walks.