Keep Your Strawberries Fresh. Farmer Reveals His One Expert Tip To Avoid Spoilage
Keep Your Strawberries Fresh
Stocking of fruits and vegetables in the summertime can be a real challenge. Usually, we use our refrigerators to keep them fresh and tasty. These types of the food supply our body with the needed vitamins and minerals and offer us countless health benefits.
One of the favorite choices are strawberries, which are delicious and refreshing fruits, full of antioxidants, fiber, magnesium, potassium, folate, vitamin C, and manganese.
These tasty desserts are incredibly healthy and support our health in various ways, such as:
– Treating gout, arthritis, heart diseases,
– Improving the function of the brain and heart,
– Boosting the immune system,
– Fighting premature aging, and
– Preventing certain cancer types.
However, the strawberries are the fruit that gets quickly covered in mold in the refrigerator, only a few days after we have bought them.
Fortunately, we will offer you a tip, shared by a farmer who succeeds to avoid spoilage of his strawberries, and it has become a huge hit!
This way of treating strawberries will help you keep them fresh and they will last much longer in the fridge (a week or two).
All you need:
– White vinegar
– A Colander or salad spinner
1) Mix 1 part white vinegar and 5 parts water in a large bowl.
2) Add the strawberries to the mixture and soak them for a few minutes.
During that step, the vinegar will remove the mold spores and bacteria, which usually lead to the spoiling of the fruits. You cannot even imagine what you will see in the water afterward.
3) Then, dry the strawberries well by some paper towels or simply leave them to air dry in a colander
4) After they are completely dry place them on a paper towel and store them in the refrigerator.
Note: you should not worry, the fruits won’t taste or smell like vinegar afterward.
5) In order to extend the life of the strawberries, you should not remove their stems until you are about to consume them
6) Additionally, remove any spoiled berries in the bunch, which will prevent the spreading of the mold.
Now, you can enjoy these healthy fruits for a longer time!