One of the most common mental health diseases worldwide is anxiety and every person in the world has had a headache. Prescription medication can be given by doctors to fight off these conditions and although it can be beneficial in certain cases, not every person can find these medications useful.
However, there are natural ways to fight off headaches and anxiety and lavender lemonade is one of the most delicious and easy ways to do so.
Adding lavender to your lemonade can be a good way to use the medicinal properties that they both give. This aromatic herb is a great way to calm down the human senses.
Whether you use the lavender oil or the flower itself, it is your choice and whatever is more suitable for your well-being and health.
Lavender oil is an amazing essential oil for you to use for your wellness and health. Not only is this essential oils one of the gentlest, but it can also be one of the most powerful ones, making its healing properties and other uses of the oil a favorite of households.
Lavender Oil’s Benefits
This oil has a really complex chemical structure with 150 and more active constituents which shows why it is very effective and can aid with many health issues.
Lavender oil also possesses amazing properties such as:
Researchers in Florida found that by using lavender oil you can reduce anxiety and lower the pulse rate. This experiment was done on nursing students while they were taking a very stressful test. Lavender aromatherapy has been used in hospital settings in order to decrease distress pre-surgery and was found that it has more benefits of relaxation than merely resting or massages.
The essential oil of lavender has been proven to have many medicinal properties as well, such as reducing depression, improving insomnia, and easing labor pains. There has been evidence that suggests that the oil can also help those who have hangovers, headaches, sinus congestions and help with relieving pain.
“Much prior research on lavender has focused on the administration of lavender via an olfactory route. The anxiolytic activity of lavender olfaction has been demonstrated in several small and medium-sized clinical trials. The efficacy of aromatherapy of lavender is thought to be due to the psychological effects of the fragrance combined with the physiological effects of volatile oils in the limbic system. These calming effects of lavender oil and single constituents may be the origin of the traditional use of lavender. Lavender oil olfaction has been shown to decrease anxiety, as measured by the Hamilton rating scale, and can increase mood scores.”
How to Make Lavender Lemonade
- 1 cup of raw honey
- 5 cups of pure water
- 1/4 cup of dried, organic, culinary lavender
- 6 lemons, peeled and juiced
- Lavender sprigs for garnish
- Pour 1/2 of the water in a pan and boil it. After it is boiled remove it from heat.
- Add honey and dried lavender to the pan and let them soak for 20 minutes.
- Strain the mixture and pour it into a large container.
- Add the lemon juice and the rest of the water. Make sure you stir well.
- Refrigerate the mixture.
Different Uses and Ways for Lavender Essential Oil
- Add 5-6 drops of Lavender oil to your bath water for dry skin.
- Disperse 10-12 drops of Lavender oil in the air while you are working in order to decrease and relieve your stress.
- Add 2 drops of Lavender oil per ounce to your lightly scented, unrefined organic oil such as olive oil or almond oil that you use as a body oil. It will give the additional benefits that lavender gives in order to improve your skin, wand off insects, relax your mind, or help you sleep better.