Everyone is familiar with the deliciousness of the original brownies. With some small alternatives and additions to some recipes, the ingredients for making brownies are similar. However, not everyone knows that some of these ingredients can be inflammatory to our bodies. Flour, processed sugar, and dairy are just some of the ingredients that most of us should avoid completely.
All of the sugar used in the brownies can make your blood sugar spike up. As a result, it turns up the levels of insulin and cortisol. Eating things that alter your body in such a way can result in mood issues, weight gain, and imbalanced hormones.
One of the most nutrient-dense foods that we can eat is avocado. The avocado is loaded with healthy fatty acids, essential amino acids, and antioxidant phytonutrients. Avocados are one of the best anti-aging foods that anyone can consume. Using this fruit, you can make an amazing brownie dessert and still be healthy!
Additionally, avocados contain high amounts of oleic acid (monounsaturated fat that increases fat metabolism), powerful antioxidants (zeaxanthin and lutenin), and Vitamin E.
This is the recipe to make these delicious and also nutritious brownies for a total time of 30 minutes:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
- ½ cup of mashed avocado (about 1/2 an avocado)
- ½ cup of cooked sweet potato
- ¼ cup of coconut milk
- ½ cup of creamy nut butter (almond, cashew, tahini, etc)
- ½ cup of dairy-free chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons of cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325° F (165° C).
- Take a regular-sized loaf pan and grease it with the coconut oil. You can also line it with parchment paper.
- By using a food processor or a blender, mix all of the ingredients except the chocolate chips. Blend them until they are combined completely.
- Add the chocolate chips to the mixture and transfer it all to the loaf pan.
- The mixed batter will be thick and sticky. By using the back of a spoon, level the batter across the entire pan evenly. Make sure you edge it into the corners and smooth the surface.
- The batter needs to bake for 20 minutes. After you remove it, allow it to cool off and then slice it.