Natural Drink Recipe
People are aware that as they age they will likely be joined by new health problems like aches and pains. Despite of the tolerance of the pain, enduring it instead of seeking help can lead to an increase of pain and a worsening of symptoms. As keeping good health is not an easy task during aging, by taking care of yourselves you’ll be able to feel strong and radiant throughout all of our years. The most common pain that occurs is in your joints.
Factors that May be Contributing to Your Knee Pain
Joint pain can be a symptom of a much bigger problem than aging, and this is why is very important to make a real diagnosis when it occurs. What are the causes of joint pain?
One of the most common forms of arthritis that occurs in the joints is osteoarthritis. It is a condition when the protective cartilage on the end of bones wears down and can happen on any part of the body. However, it most commonly affects the joints in the hands, hips, knees, and spine.
In the case of experiencing knee pain the best approach is to consult a doctor. He/she will assume if it is caused by osteoarthritis, which is generally associated with aging.
Post-traumatic arthritis, which occurs from an injury to the joint, according to the medical statistics, affects approximately 5.6 million people in the United States.
c) Vitamin D Deficiency
For strong bones it is of great importance to have particular amount of Vitamin D in your body. It is crucial in maintaining blood calcium levels and regulating it together with phosphorus, in order to keep bones and teeth healthy. A deficiency in vitamin D causes fragile bones and weak muscles, as well as fractures hip and pelvis, bone pain and tenderness, tooth decay and even hearing loss.
Use Gelatin as a Strength-Builder
The health benefits of gelatin are the reason why jello is distributed for nearly every meal in a hospital.
Gelatin contains a high amount of amino acids, because it is made up of 98-99% protein. By its ingestion you’ll improve your bones and joint pain and make it a valuable tool for strengthening the cartilage around your joints.
You can find it in many different forms, such as pill or powdered. Here are the different types of powdered gelatin and collagen:
Gelatin Powder – It comes in flavored and unflavored varieties and is best used in recipes.
- Collagen Powder –Best used for mixing into hot and cold liquids, and for cooking. Because it is easy to mix, collagen is often used as a supplement.
- Marine Collagen – It is made from the bones, cartilage, and skin of marine animals and is a good option for those wishing to avoid beef or pork.
Some tips when choosing a gelatin brand:
• The country it is being sourced from – Chose closer to home.
• Where it is being sourced – Chose those from grass-fed and free-range animals.
• The quality of the pasture – Avoid pastures that are treated with pesticides and chemicals.
Natural Drink Recipe to Rebuild Cartilage and Strengthen Joints
This makes 2 servings
- – 1 cup of oatmeal
– 2 teaspoons of unflavored gelatin powder
– 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
– 8 ounces of crushed almonds
– 1 cup of natural orange juice (without added sugars)
– 1 teaspoon of organic honey
1) Boil the oatmeal for 10 minutes
2) Cool it down
3) Add the unflavored gelatin powder, cinnamon powder, almonds, orange juice, and honey
4) Mix thoroughly in a blender until the mixture is smooth
This is enough for two servings, one glass in the morning and one after lunch. Drink the mixture for 15 days in total.