This grilled cheese substitute can even be better than the original. It has an amazing taste and is healthy. The grilled cheese is being replaced with a creamy, mashed avocado which is sandwiched in the middle of crispy, gluten-free cauliflower bread.
If you have never tried cauliflower bread, make sure you try it with this easy to make recipe. It will become your new go-to sandwich. Mix cauliflower rice with a little almond flour and egg and create the amazing Paleo bread.
Here is all the information you’ll need for making these amazing sandwiches:
Total time: 50 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- 13 grams of carbohydrates
- 20 grams of protein
- 41 grams of fat.
- Baking sheet
- Mixing bowl
- Parchment paper
- 4 cups of cauliflower rice
- 2 ripe avocados (mashed)
- ⅓ cup of almond flour
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ghee
- Start by preheating the oven to 400°F and line a parchment paper with a baking sheet.
- Combine the riced cauliflower and sea salt in a mixing bowl and allow them to sit for 20 minutes.
- By using a clean kitchen towel, dry out the cauliflower to remove moisture. If you buy fresh bagged riced cauliflower from the store, you can skip this step since that cauliflower is usually dry enough.
- Put the cauliflower back into the mixing bowl and add the almond flour, eggs, and black pepper. Mix these ingredients well to combine.
- Scoop up the mixture one cup at a time and put it on a parchment paper. By using your hands, you can form the mixture into any forms you want but for this recipe, you’ll need to make it into four squares.
- Bake the mixture for 25 minutes and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Grease the skillet with ghee and let it melt on medium heat. In the meantime, add the mashed avocado on a slice of cauliflower bread and top it off with another slice of cauliflower bread.
- Add the sandwich on top of the skillet and cook it for 2-3 minutes. After, flip it and cook it for another 3 minutes. Repeat with the other bread. Best served hot.