Many people have gained a little weight through the quarantine, especially if they hadn’t been exercising. Staying at home for months and not working out is bound to result in an extra gain of weight, especially if you fill your free time with stacks.
There are lots of ways to lose weight such as working out or starting a diet. However, not everyone is equipped for a hard workout. Instead, why not start dieting and do a moderate workout. But there’s another problem that comes at hand. What diet will best suit you? In my opinion, the keto diet is the best there is!
What is Keto Diet?
The keto diet, otherwise known as the ketogenic diet, is a low-carb, high-fat diet. More than 20 studies have proved that this diet can help you lose weight and improved overall body health. Aside from losing weight, it helps fight against cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer’s, and epilepsy.
This diet shares many similarities with the Atkins and low-carb diets.
By drastically reducing the intake of carbohydrates and replacing them with fat, your body’s metabolic state turns into a state called ketosis. This means that your body is very efficient and burning fat for energy. Combining this diet with workouts can help you reduce body weight drastically. Additionally, it can help turn fat into ketones in the liver, allowing a supply of energy for the brain.
The diet can also cause a big reduction in blood sugar and insulin levels.
Mini Keto Egg Burgers
This recipe for mini keto egg burgers is very easy to make and it can give you a great boost between the meals. Aside from being grain-free, they are also gluten-free because the normal burger buns are replaced with boiled eggs.
Recipe For Mini Keto Egg Burgers:
(Total time – 30 mins with 10 minutes preparation and 20 minutes cooking)
Servings – 4
– 9 grams of protein
– 4 grams of carbohydrates
– 22 grams of fat
All you need to start making these mini keto egg burgers is a skillet and toothpicks
– 4 hard-boiled eggs
– 4 ounces of bacon (slice them up into 3-inch squares)
– 1 thinly sliced large avocado
– 1 thinly sliced Roma tomato
– 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise (Paleo preferred)
– Take the skillet and fry the slices of bacon for 5 minutes on medium heat (each side 5 mins). After the bacon becomes crispy, remove the skillet from the heat.
– Boil the eggs (either hard, soft, or medium-boiled, depending on your preference). After removing them from the heat, add them to ice water so that the shells can be easily removed. After removing the shells, slice the eggs in half-length.
– Add the bacon, tomatoes, and avocado in between the egg halves.
– Poke the mini burgers with a toothpick so everything is in place.
You can also customize and replace any of the ingredients to your preference (if you want sausage instead of bacon, go ahead).