In 2003, the world was introduced to the first successful electronic cigarette. Many people in the world use this ENDS or otherwise known as the Electronic Nicotine Delivery System which includes the e-cigarettes. The Juul e-cigarettes are introduced for a way to make smokers stop smoking cigarettes quickly. However, many young people nowadays use them for fun, or in the pop culture known as vaping.
The Juul device is largely unknown for many adults since they have never tried one but many teens are involved with it. However, there is bad news for young teens or any other person that uses these devices.
By using this product, you can affect your lungs and brain in damaging ways and elevate the risk of hypertension. Additionally, it might lead to you being addicted to smoking. Flavored e-cigarettes were planned to be banned in 2018 from the US Food and Drug Administration and their decision might change if manufacturers keep the product away from children.
Juul is a type of e-cigarette that works on batteries. It contains no tobacco and has a solution of flavorings, dangerous chemicals, and nicotine.
Everything You Need To Know About Juul
A Juul is an e-cigarette that resembles a cigarette but has no tobacco in it. It works on batteries and has a solution of nicotine, flavorings and dangerous chemicals.
A survey was conducted in 2017 by the Schroeder Institute at Truth Initiative in which 25% of teens from 15-17 and 29% of young adults from 18-24 knew what a Juul device looked like. Out of all of them, 10-12% have used a Juul device in their life.
Juul Labs released this device in 2015 to help people stop smoking cigarettes and make them switch to a healthier alternative. Contrary to their belief, this healthier alternative causes more damage to the system. Experts are still researching to show all of the dangers that these new type of smoking devices can cause and the way that they affect the human body.
The main difference between juuling and vaping is that juuling gives a higher dose of nicotine to the body. Additionally, they contain organic nicotine salts which other vaping products don’t have. For those of you who have never seen a Juul device, it is somewhat similar to a USB stick. This device does not use vapor and no one will notice you if you are using it.
Within two years, people have bought 680% more of the Juul product than before. One Juul product starter kit can be sold from $29 to $49. They have many flavors such as mango, fruit, crème, and mint.
Many organizations such as The American Cancer Society, American Public Health Association, and Royal College of Physicians encourage and approve the use of Juuls.
4 Dangers of Juuling that have been proven so far
Because the Juul device was created recently, we have no idea what the long-term consequences of using this device can lead to. However, these four facts have been proven already:
- Many teens and young adults are consuming these products and get addicted to them. Children under 18 are banned from using these vaping devices by the FDA. The product can be accessed in many places such as convenience stores, gas stations, and smoke shops.
- Elevated blood pressure and increased heart rate are just some of the dangers that lead from the consumption of nicotine. Additionally, it can also trigger the development of heart disease. A study has been conducted that showed that these e-cigarettes can narrow arteries by 30% which affect the widening of blood vessels. The product can also stiffen the main artery in the body which is used to carry oxygenated blood and by doing so, it can cause a stroke, atherosclerosis, and aneurysm.
- The Masonic Cancer Center at the University of Minnesota has conducted a study that shows how vaping increases the level of DNA-damaging compounds like acrolein, methylglyoxal, and formaldehyde. With the increase in DNA damage, vaping can increase the risk of cancer.
- The flavors of the Juul e-cigarette in combination with the vape fluid changes the chemistry of the substance. The manufacturers use acetoin, diacetyl, and 2,3-pentanedione for flavor and these chemicals can damage the respiratory system. They can lead to severe respiratory disease and irritations of the eyes, bronchitis, skin irritations, mucous membrane irritation, and lung problems. These problems have been confirmed in the 2018 report that was released by the American Physiology Society.
If you use vaping as a way to stop the consumption of cigarettes you must know the following risks. Even though it is safer than smoking, it is not healthy. The heating and inhaling changes of the chemicals can cause many lung irritations and diseases. The nicotine that is in the substance can lead to addiction just as same as cigarettes. You will experience withdrawal effects such as anxiety, jitters, irritability, appetite changes, and headaches.
If you are addicted to juuling or vaping, make sure that you consult your doctor about what kind of a therapy to use.
If you want to quit, make sure you use some of these tips:
- Meditation, yoga, tai chi, hypnotherapy, biofeedback, and guided imagery can help relieve the chronic fatigue, stress, chronic pain, and withdrawal symptoms.
- Group relaxation training can help you resist the cravings of smoking.
- Nicotine patches and gum can be of help and are less addictive than cigarettes and e-cigs.
- Many online programs can offer help and tips on how to quit smoking.
- Black pepper essential oil can completely remove the cravings, anxiety, and can soothe the withdrawal symptoms.