Adequate measures are being taken in almost all countries to prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). The best results are achieved where strict measures of social distance and the use of impeccable hygiene are strictly followed.
The social distance measures to be taken to reduce the social interaction between people and thus reduce the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19).
These are actually steps you can take, like:
- Avoiding contact with someone who is displaying symptoms of coronavirus – COVID-19 (high temperature and/or new and continuous cough)
- Avoid non-essential use of public transport
- Work from home, where possible
- Avoid large and small gatherings in public spaces (pubs, restaurants, leisure centers, etc.)
- Avoid gatherings with family and friends
- Use telephone or online services
- Find the way how to full-fill your free time at home
There’s good news for all who want to use the New York City-based e-bookworms out there. Anyone with a library card and an iOS or Android phone, can “borrow” any of the 300,000 e-books in the collection of the New York Public Library, by using the app (instructions: https://www.nypl.org/about/remote-resources)
The app called SimplyE will allow you to read books on your phone, but sometimes you can be on a waitlist for some popular titles, such as the Game of Thrones series.
Everyone should be aware that there is a limit of three books that can be borrowed because there has been a surge in the app’s usage because people are now all at home.
There is another possibility to read books – by using the library’s collection of 800,000 digitized items, including historic prints, photographs, maps, and manuscripts. Also, users with New York City library card can check out Mango Languages and Career Cruising (links in sources below).